HFL’s 2017 Grant Cycle is Now Closed
The health of La Porte’s children is one of our greatest priorities. Unfortunately, many young La Porteans suffer from poor health and wellness and face significant obstacles that can prevent them from enjoying healthy, fulfilling and productive futures.
Children’s health is inseparable from the Healthcare Foundation of La Porte’s mission of empowering our residents to live healthy and well. The lifelong benefits of good childhood health, for both individuals and communities, have led us to identify Healthy Children (prenatal to end of high school) as an HFL Strategic Focus Area. Grant requests do not have a set minimum but are limited by our yearly budget. HFL has budgeted a maximum of $3.5 million for grants in 2017.
Our goals for Healthy Children grants are:
- Decreasing the number of low birthweight births
- Decreasing the number of uninsured children
- Reducing childhood obesity
- Reducing teen births
- Improving education about tobacco and drug usage and their consequences
- Increasing safety in homes and schools
- Increasing access to mental healthcare for children
- Increasing the number of children and parents making informed decisions about good childhood health and its lifelong benefits
Stay in Touch!
Interested in receiving grant communications? Share your email address with us.
Learn More About Our Grants:
Utilize the links below to learn more about the different grants HFL will be awarding and if your organization is eligible to apply!