HFL’s 2017 Grant Cycle is Now Closed
HFL identifies health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” as defined by the World Health Organization. We recognize that wellness is the “active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence” and the six dimensions of wellness are emotional, occupational, physical, social, intellectual and spiritual as developed by the National Wellness Institute.
Healthy La Porte Responsive Grants meet our community’s health and wellness needs that fall outside of the three Strategic Grant Areas (Healthy Living, Healthy Children and Healthy Minds) and demonstrate a connection to HFL’s mission and vision. Grant requests may be up to $25,000.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications that fall within the scope of HFL’s Strategic Grant Areas (Healthy Children, Healthy Living, Healthy Minds) should be submitted as Strategic Grant proposals.
Our goals for Healthy La Porte grants are:
- Expansion of successful existing programs that improve the health and wellness of the residents within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas
- New initiatives to attend health and wellness needs identified within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas
- Collaborations to better attend health and wellness needs identified within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas
To be considered for an award:
- The proposed supported program must directly serve or support residents who reside within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas.
- The proposed program will impact and improve health and wellness.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Encourage collaboration between community organizations.
- Use evidence-based practices.
HFL Will Not Fund:
- Underwriting for an organization’s annual appeals/solicitations, special events or general fundraising.
- Organizations who discriminate in any way based on participation or membership in a specific religious faith, race, gender, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Faith based organizations will be considered for grants so long as the grant proceeds are used for programs offered by such organization that are offered to individuals regardless of their religious affiliation, race, gender, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Lobbying or the support of any political candidate, political party or political activity.
2017 Grant Cycle Closed
The following links will walk you through using our grant application software
Click here to enter Grant Application Portal
Please contact Maria Fruth at 219.326.2471 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues or have any questions during the grant application process.
Stay in Touch!
Interested in receiving grant communications? Share your email address with us.
Learn More About Our Grants:
Utilize the links below to learn more about the different grants HFL will be awarding and if your organization is eligible to apply!