To be considered for an award:
- The proposed supported program must directly serve or support residents who reside within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas.
- The proposed program will impact and improve health and wellness.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Encourage collaboration between community organizations.
- Use evidence-based practices.
HFL Will Not Fund:
- Underwriting for an organization’s annual appeals/solicitations, special events or general fundraising.
- Organizations who discriminate in any way based on participation or membership in a specific religious faith, race, gender, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Faith based organizations will be considered for grants so long as the grant proceeds are used for programs offered by such organization that are offered to individuals regardless of their religious affiliation, race, gender, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Lobbying or the support of any political candidate, political party or political activity.
|2018 Grant Timeline:
|Grant Cycle 1
|Grant Cycle 2
LOIs for grants over $25,000 in Cycle 2 are due May 22. Decisions will be communicated to applicants by June 1 so that full applications can be submitted by the June 29 deadline.
Utilize the links below to learn more about the different grants HFL will be awarding and if your organization is eligible to apply!