Parks

Back to Parks List

Lindewald Park

Lindewald Park, formerly known as City Park, is considered La Porte’s first park. A parcel of land, 9.4 acres on Lower Lake, was purchased in 1890. The original parcel contained a notable grove of white oaks, of which a few stands of this native timber still remains.

The park today is a popular site for family reunions and picnics. Facilities include a picnic shelter, playground, restrooms, ball diamond and 12 lighted horseshoe pits, which are home to the La Porte Horseshoe Pitches Association.

Features

  • Ball Diamond
  • Basketball Half-Court
  • Grill
  • Lighted Horseshoe Pits
  • Parking
  • Playground
  • Restrooms
  • Shelter ($65.00 Add-on)
  • Water Fountain

Lindewald-Park

Back to Parks List