To be considered for an award:
- The proposed supported program must directly serve or support residents who reside within the City of La Porte and surrounding areas.
- The proposed program will impact and improve health and wellness.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Encourage collaboration between community organizations.
- Use evidence-based practices.
HFL Will Not Fund:
- Underwriting for an organization’s annual appeals/solicitations, special events or general fundraising.
- Organizations who discriminate in any way based on participation or membership in a specific religious faith, race, gender, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Faith based organizations will be considered for grants so long as the grant proceeds are used for programs offered by such organization that are offered to individuals regardless of their religious affiliation, race, gender, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Lobbying or the support of any political candidate, political party or political activity.
2019 Grant Cycle 1 will open the first week of January.
Utilize the links below to learn more about the different grants HFL will be awarding and if your organization is eligible to apply!