Scott Field was the result of another land donation of a developer. Originally, in the layout of Scott’s Second Addition, 5 acres in the middle of the new housing development was left as a neighborhood play area. The land was donated to School City of La Porte in 1923. It wasn’t until 1952 that the Park Department entered a 99-year lease, for $1 per year, with the school corporation.
The park currently includes a shelter, playground, ball diamond, open play, half-court basketball and picnic facilities.
- Ball Diamond
- Basketball Half-Court
- Water Fountain
Back to Parks List